The Rashtriya Ekta Divas (National Unity Day) is observed on 31st October every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel. It not only commemorates the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, but also reaffirms the inherent strength and resilience of our people to withstand threats to the security, unity and integrity of the country. This year, to mark the occasion in a befitting manner with great enthusiasm, ‘Unity Run’ may be organized as per following manner:
- Students may run for short/ long distance as per their feasibility and convenience.
- The Run may precede/ coincide with the morning assembly/ zero period/ start of the day in schools preferably at 7-8 am on 31.10.2022.
- Wherever possible, either at start or end of the Run, Principal/ senior faculty member/ student(s) may speak about role of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel in national integration.
- Wherever feasible, families of students/ staff members and local community may also be asked to join the Run.
- A special outreach attempt may also be made to ensure participation of street children from marginalized areas including Divyang children etc. in the Run.
- The photos of the Unity Run may be uploaded on social media with #RunForUnity
In addition to above, the schools may also organize the following:
- Activities like debate, speeches on Sardar Patel’s contribution in uniting India, school assemblies dedicated to Sardar Patel and exhibition on life and contributions of Sardar Patel.
- The schools may administer ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’ Pledge in the morning assembly.
- The schools should also facilitate the students and teachers to watch the digital exhibition titled ‘Sardar Patel – The Architect of Unification’ available at https://amritmahotsav.nic.in/unity-festival.htm
The schools should upload a brief report of the ‘Unity Run’ and other activities at the following link before 05.11.2022: