Science is inexplicably linked with our lives and helps us to understand the world around us better. The Central Board of Secondary Education has been taking many initiatives to generate curiosity and develop scientific attitude amongst learners. Such initiatives encourage learners to create, innovate and also to become more responsible. The organization of CBSE Science Exhibition is one such initiative. The activity aims at providing a platform to students to demonstrate the construction of knowledge by connecting new ideas to existing concepts. The CBSE Science Exhibition for the academic session 2022-23 would be organized at Regional and then National Levels in the months of October – December 2022. The Theme and Sub–Themes for the Science Exhibition for 2022 – 23 are:
Technology and Toys
1. Advancement in information and communication technology
2. Eco-Friendly Materials
3. Health and Cleanliness
4. Transport and Innovation
5. Environmental Concerns
6. Historical Development with Current Innovation
7. Mathematics for Us
This exhibition is open to all CBSE Students in 02 categories: 1 – Junior students of Classes 6-8 and 2 – Senior students of Classes 9-11.
The Board invites students of affiliated schools (classes 6 to 11) to prepare researchbased science projects or exhibits that are original on any of the above listed subthemes of the main theme Technology and Toys. The students may register to submit and showcase their projects, with the help of their schools.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
1. All schools willing to participate need to register online and remit fee at https://cbseit.in/cbse/2022/sciex/index.html between 30th September to 17th October 2022. The last date for registration is 14 th October, 2022 and for payment confirmation from bank is 18th October, 2022.
2. The registration fee as per the details given below must be submitted through online payment gateway.
For Indian Schools Rs.1500/-per registering team
For Foreign Schools Rs.3000/- per registering team
3. The students may participate in any of the 02 categories: Category I – Classes 6 – 8; and Category II – Classes 9 – 11 A registering School Team will be represented bya. either an individual student or two students of the same category; and b. one mentor Science teacher.
4. A participating school can register a maximum of two teams.
5. The names of the students and the mentor teacher, once registered, will not be changed at any stage of the exhibition. The school team participating at Regional and National Level must remain the same.
6. The sub – theme once selected cannot be changed. Similarly, the title of the Project cannot be changed.
7. Each registered team would be provided a unique login credential on the CBSE Science Exhibition portal for online submission of the project.
8. The student/ team project may be-
• an investigation-based study;
• application of basic principles of Science and Technology;
• a novel solution/indigenous design to a problem/challenge. Students and mentor teachers may visit the https://cbseit.in/cbse/2022/sciex/index.html for more resources related to the CBSE Science Exhibition.
9. Care should be taken to use eco-friendly materials in the preparation of exhibits.
10. The teams would be required to submit the details of their respective projects (title, description, list of materials used, images, video) on the portal using their unique login credentials within the time-frame for submission (31st Oct 2022).
11. The screening of the entries would be done before the regional/national level exhibitions.
12. The exhibits will be assessed by a team of experts as per the following criteria:
a. Creativity and imagination 20%
b. Originality and innovativeness 15%
c. Scientific thought/ principle/ approach 15%
d. Technical skills, workmanship, craftsmanship etc. 15%
e. Educational value, scalability and utility for society in future 15%
f. Economics (low cost), portability and durability 10%
g. Presentation – effectiveness of display and relevant explanations 10% The decision of the experts would be final.
13. The regional stage of exhibition will be held at different venues across the country. The information regarding the venues will be notified (on CBSE website) and communicated to individual schools on their email ids.
14. The participating school/team would bear all expenses related to participation in the event.
15. The participating teams would make their own lodging/boarding arrangements at the venue city of the exhibition.
16. The selected best twenty-four exhibits (the number may increase or decrease depending on the quality of the exhibit) at each regional level venue will be eligible to participate in the National Level Exhibition (details of the date and venue would be informed).
17. Certificates will be awarded to the selected best entries at the National Level along with a cash award.
18. The names of the winners of the CBSE National Science Exhibition will be forwarded for consideration as entries in the Rashtriya Bal Vaigyaanik Pradarshani, in 2023 to be organized by NCERT. The confirmation for the participation in the exhibition is subject to their selection for the same. Winners may also get a direct entry to participate in the Science Exhibition organized by Initiative for Research & Innovation in Science (IRIS) subject to their selection for it. Refer to latest CBSE Sample Papers here
For more information, please visit the website https://cbseit.in/cbse/2022/sciex/index.html. For any queries, you may contact at tel. no. 011-23211575 or email at email@example.com The Board would organize an online webinar for participating students and mentor teachers on 14 th October 2022 for 3.00 to 4.00 pm which may be viewed at https://tinyurl.com/Sci-exhibition. All the Heads of Schools are requested to encourage participation of students in the CBSE Science Exhibition. This activity not only develops scientific approach amongst learners but also gives them a chance to develop and test innovative solutions to real life challenges.